Healthy Wife... Happy Life

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Easy and Healthy for ALL of us... No short order Cook tonight.

This last week I remember being quite flustered at the dinner hour.  I had a very hungry athlete who had just finished a big practice and in one hour was headed to another, a hungry gal who wanted a Healthy Dinner, and a VERY picky little guy who every time I grabbed for a pan, said, "I'm NOT going to like that!"  That night I ended up making four different dinners.  The kitchen was a mess and I swore I wasn't doing that again.  HA... I repeated that night three more times that week.  I have been back to looking at EASY meals that are HEALTHY and don't require much prep.  Honestly, between shuffling back and forth to school, games, practices, I don't take time in between to prep and we get home at the dinner hour with lots of hungry tummies.  Last night was no different.  Busy day... luckily I tried something new and easy and let the crock pot do the work in between.  With that said, we had a yummy dinner waiting no craziness, and only one complaint from the Peanut Gallery...  ( of course my little guy had his own thoughts... but only one... those are great odds.)  Chicken is a staple at our home.  It is lean, a great source of protein, and EVERYONE enjoys it.  This is a yummy recipe and quite easy too.  Hope you and your family try it and enjoy. 

Mexican Chicken.

5-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts ( I trim any excess on the chicken breast down and cut each breast in half to make 10-12 pieces) 
3 cans of Rotelle Tomatoes with Green Chillies
1 Packet of McCormick Chicken Taco Seasoning

Cut Chicken breasts as stated above.  Pour one can of Rotelle in the bottom of your crock pot.  Add chicken breasts.  Next, add the additional 2 cans of rotelle.  Sprinkle the entire packet of chicken taco seasoning over the chicken.  Mix lightly the chicken, rotelle, and seasoning.  Cover and cook for 5 to 6 hours.  Take and fork and while in the crock pot, simply shred the chicken in its juices.  Chicken will be extremely tender and shred easily.  You can pair this with veggies, lettuce, corn or whole wheat tortillas, and black beans, or simply eat by itself with some brown rice.  

No comments:

Post a Comment